A couple of months ago, I finished a piece that featured a Romulan D’Deridex class Warbird. I was really happy with the way the spaceship turned out. But I was never super thrilled with the background.
So the other day I decided to go back and create a new background for this piece. This is unusual for me. I’m one of those artists that is always looking forward. Once a piece is finished, I post it and move on–no matter how I really feel about it. For whatever reason, though, this piece gnawed at me.
And I’m happy I went back and changed it. I’m very happy with the new background–and I feel like it fits the themes of the piece (and of the Romulans) much more!